Thursday, September 8, 2016

Canning Jars Aren't Just For Canning Anymore

Since moving to Florence, Alabama, I have had the opportunity to try many different restaurants and cafes.  Recently I was thrilled to try a new place that everyone was telling me about.

Alabama Chanin's: The Factory




For my Georgia friends if you have not heard of Natalie Chanin and her designs
click HERE

Her designs are very intricate and beautiful.  Just look at the detail on this jacket.


Needless to say, I can't afford any of her designs but I sure did enjoy the food in her little cafe.

As soon as I sat down, I had to take a picture of this table because my husband was at home making one just like it.  ( I will share it on a future post).


After lunch we were browsing around all the items that were displayed when this cabinet in the back caught my eye.






They are Weck canning jars.  Click Here to go to their site.
I was expecting them to be expensive since they were being sold in this designer studio but they were very reasonable.  So I bought a few, uh - FIVE to be exact. I couldn't help it. They were so cute!




 See that candle in the background, another dear friend gave that to me and the adorable vase was given to me by my daughter in law.  That block of cedar is a remnant from the porch columns during our remodel.  I rescued it from the dumpster.  It's fun using the unexpected in decorating. 




Remember my friend who has the fabulous farm house table?  She bought some too so I don't feel so guilty now!

I won't be canning with these jars!
















No comments:

Post a Comment