Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Hanging Lantern

I have been wanting to hang a lantern from the ceiling of my porch for a long time. A few weeks ago in The Pottery Barn, I saw some lanterns hanging from the ceiling so I grabbed my camera out of my purse and took this picture.

I decided to duplicate the look. The Pottery Barn has some great looking lanterns but the prices are a little more than I want to pay.

On my way home, I stopped into T.J. Maxx and look what I found.

And look at the price!


I then found this battery operated candle with a REMOTE CONTROL. How cool is that? I won't have any trouble turning it on while it is hanging from the ceiling.


Now a trip to home depot to purchase rope and a hook. I wanted a rustic look so instead of using a chain I used large rope.

My husband came up with a great way to tie the knot so it won't fall. I like my version better than the one at The Pottery Barn.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so loving the hanging lantern...and I did not even know you could get a battery operated candle with a remote! It looks really really good.

    ReplyDelete