Sunday, January 8, 2012

Backyard Transformation



In my last posting, I mentioned that we have been working on a major project at my house.  We've been planning and designing this for a long time and finally made it happen. The makeover began in September and we have just about finished with the major work. Let's look at some of the before pictures:



I love my backyard.  It's my little piece of heaven.  It is filled with azaleas, daylillies, hosta and sedum.  I enjoy sitting on the porch in the summer watching the birds.  One morning a deer showed up with her little twins and she nursed them in the backyard.  


 
It was hard seeing this happen to my yard.  We dug up all the azaleas, hosta, and other plantings.  They'll be transplanted when the construction is done. 

This is what you see when you come down the sidewalk from the driveway.  Not very pretty right now.  I do miss all of my plants. 
We decided on stamped concrete.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  The dye is added when it is poured and then when sealed, it is very shiny and beautiful!
Work in progress.
This is the outdoor kitchen.  There was a hot tub here but we never used it so I sold it.  My husband did all of this himself.  If you look closely, you will see him standing on the the counter.
After 4 months, we are finally done.  We had professionals pour the stamped concrete and lay the stone but my husband built the kitchen.  He did all the wiring, cabinetry, lights, install appliances and tile work.  I am so proud of him! Come on down and take a peek.
We are almost there!  
Here it is! 
Black awning installed over the screened porch.  It really helps keep out the rain.
Outdoor kitchen. 
Gas cooktop and sink 
Gotta have a grill.



My new place for relaxation.   Next time, I'll show what else we have been up to. 
Next on the to do list:  landscaping.  

I'm linking up with A Southern Daydreamer
and Kim at Savvy Southern Style
and Funky Junk Interiors 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, jaw dropping. I know you will enjoy this beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of your backyard. I am so jealous of your outdoor kitchen I am sure you will get lots of use. We did our backyard this summer and it was so nice to sit back and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed jaw dropping beautiful space!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete