Wednesday, July 10, 2013

More Hydrangeas, a Birdcage and Pies

I want to share with you a few more of the decorations from our son's rehearsal dinner. 
My neighbor has a really high ceiling in her family room with a shelf that extends the length of the wall.  On top of the shelf there is a beautiful HUGE bird cage and she let me borrow it to use in the rehearsal decorations.  

I wanted guests to write little notes of advise or good wishes and place in the birdcage.  I browsed through pinterest and found so many examples such as the one pictured below.  

My neighbor's birdcage is so much more dramatic and beautiful and she purchased it from Tuesday Morning.  I could spend hours in that store and today we did!  The store in our area relocated recently to a new space.  It was previously a grocery store so that gives a hint to the size of it. 





I added a bow and tied our initial "D" with raffia.  You can't see it but inside the birdcage were two little ceramic lovebirds. My friend who had all the hydrangeas in her yard, added them to the top. 
I hope you can read the poem.  So cute!

Please ignore the plastic cup on the right.  I don't know how that got there.


Plywood, chalkboard paint and an inexpensive picture frame from Old Time Pottery.
This is another little trick for entertaining.  Add river rocks to a vase and add the utensils.

Can you see them on the left side of the table?  One for forks, one for spoons and one for knives.

 We had to have tea!
 


And for dessert - PIE!



Peanut butter chocolate chip or strawberry



We packed up all the pies in a cooler and brought them all the way from Georgia. 
Homemade from The Frosty Frog Creamery

I am linking today to:
A Southern Daydreamer 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and you had me at PIE. :))
    I just linked up to follow....

    ReplyDelete