Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hydrangeas and Burlap

My youngest son got married last weekend to a wonderful young lady.  I have been so blessed that both of my sons have chosen wonderful Christian women to spend the rest of their lives with.  The wedding took place in Alabama, we live in Georgia.  I decided to do all the decorating for the rehearsal dinner on my own instead of hiring someone to do the decorations.  That meant I had to pack everything and take it with us.  What was I thinking!!!   Actually I wanted to do it.  Luckily school was out and I was able to focus all my time on it.  Since I won't ever have any daughters to plan a wedding for, this was my last opportunity to do this kind of thing.  


Six years ago I paid someone to do all of the decorating for my oldest son's rehearsal dinner.  It was at The Shoals Golf Club in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.
This is a beautiful place for weddings and special events.






 
Look at this adorable centerpiece.  Each table had one of these with a carafe of lemonade.

This time the rehearsal dinner was at Pickett Place in Florence, Alabama
You can read about the venue here.
The owner also has a facebook page.
Pickett Place facebook 

After browsing through all kinds of magazines and Pinterest, I came up with a design.  I wanted to use burlap.  My son was a little apprehensive about it.  He was afraid it would look like a barn but I told him to just trust me. 

My husband had a great idea to include our gift to everyone as part of the table decorations. 



 I filled each one with river rock after placing the candles and then tied this cute little card with raffia to each one.  


I ordered these cards from Vistaprint.

For the centerpieces, I bought vases and rocks from the Dollar Tree, yes they were $1.00 each!  
Next I went to the local grocery store which happened to be Publix and bought 3 bouquets of flowers (only 3).  
The rest of the flowers came from the garden of my dear friend who also happens to be my other son's mother in law.  

 All the hydrangeas and daisies and filler came from her yard.  I think we did a pretty good job!

Now here is the finished product:















 Not bad!  I think my son was even surprised.  It didn't look like something in a BARN!

 Dear friends who helped set up and take down everything.  All of the hydrangeas came from the garden of my friend on the right.
 Parents of the bride
 Bride and Groom
 More dear friends who helped set up everything.
 That's my husband and me on the right.
 Grandparents



I have more little tips and ideas that I will share next time.  
 Please join me as I share my Hydrangeas and Burlap at 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment