Friday, June 18, 2010

Miss Huff, Your Blooms Are Showing!

Miss Huff  is my favorite variety of  lantana.  She will grow to about 3 feet tall and has the most beautiful orange flowers.  The butterflies love her too.  She has been to visit me for the last 4 years and each year she becomes more beautiful.  Notice the lamb's ear to the left of her.  It is blooming too.  You can't tell in the picture but the blooms are purple. Bees love it so you shouldn't plant it near a deck or porch.



My lavender is just now blooming.  I transplanted it this spring so it has taken some time for it to come back.


I was too tired to get my shovel out and dig holes in the ground so I did the next best thing.  I planted them in some clay pots that I already had in storage.  I then nestled them in the straw.  Here in the south we use pinestraw as mulch. I placed pine bark mulch on top of each pot to keep the moisture in because they will dry out a lot faster than they would in the ground.  The one on the left is purple fountain grass and on the right is a yellow hibiscus.  I think it looks pretty good considering I was lazy today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment